The cover story of this issue of Popular Mechanics was written by Editor-in-Chief Alexander Grek: the Kalashnikov company has demonstrated a new loitering Lancet electric rocket and a virtual simulator for its operator.
Also in this issue:
- Meat from plants: the science behind test tube steaks.
- Drones that study the ocean floor: an interview with Russian scientists from the team that was a finalist for the Shell Ocean Discovery XPRIZE.
- Excursion onboard the Energy Observer hydrogen-solar-sail catamaran.
- The Chinese sea platform for space launches.
- The making of Alfa Future People, the country’s main techno stage show.
- A test drive of the Ujet electro scooter.
- Driverless tractors created by a Ryazan startup.
- Russian energy-saver light bulbs that rival LED bulbs.
The issue is already on sale.